Industry experience program
Study Australia Industry Experience program brings together international and domestic tertiary student teams from across Australian institutions to work on real industry projects with Australian and global employers for a two week period.
Complimentary assistance for your business with two-week virtual projects conducted by a diverse team of tertiary students
- High-quality outcomes: Save money on market research and receive a tailored report for your business
- Fresh insights: Get a new perspective on a pressing problem from diverse, multinational Gen Z teams
- Low overheads: 100% virtual project, no office space required
- No cost to participate: Engage with a student project team and help them prepare at a charge
- Government-Backed: Endorsed by the Australian government to enhance students’ employability upon graduation
For Education Providers
A flagship national Study Australia program to engage international students with Australian and global employers
- Funded Student Placements: Free student places funded by the State and Territory Destination Bodies
- Short-form: a two week, 25 hours online, co-curricular industry projects
- Multidisciplinary teams: Engage in multidisciplinary students teams from different universities across the country.
- Recognition: Australian Government digital certificate is awarded upon completion
- Program Support: Additional support and streamlined delivery from the Practera programs team
*Swipe/scroll to left side to view full image.
You will get a team of 5 – 6 students, all studying different disciplines. Some will be Masters students, others Bachelors.
The majority of students will be studying a non-technical discipline e.g. marketing, business finance, accounting, international relations, policy, etc.
You can let us know your preferences and we will do our best to make it happen, but we cannot guarantee it.
As a organisation/business, your time commitment is a minimum of two hours each week to ensure that your student team is on track with their report before the final submission and presentation.
No, the students work remotely and are not located at your offices.
- Outline clear project requirements so that your report provides value
- Set project outcomes that are achievable within a two week period
- Ask for help if needed. If you’re not sure about what project type to choose, or how to define a scope, the Practera team are available at firstname.lastname@example.org
Education Providers FAQs
The program is designed to be accessible to students across disciplines and is suitable for motivated tertiary students at any level. Students from all disciplines, different Australian institutions (on and offshore), and undergraduate and postgraduate levels are encouraged to apply.
Each students commits to 20 hours of work over the two week period.They also commit to act as consultants and cater to the needs and schedules of their client. Collectively the student team will deliver 120+ hours to the project.
Yes, the program is delivered online via the Practera Platform. Orientation, Client meetings and final presentation will be facilitated via Zoom.
Students will attend a virtual orientation session that includes a client meeting, have access to project learning instructions, content and collaboration functionality through the Practera platform and work autonomously. They can also reach out to Practera’s Program helpdesk to resolve any issues, receive guaranteed feedback on deliverables and a digital Australian Government certificate upon completion of the program.
Great effort. Some really good information you have managed to dig up particularly around competitors and potential customers. Hadn’t thought about the Bollywood angle before so that might be an interesting approach. [I] think you have taken all feedback on board and kept everything focused on answer the core question. Thank you all for your efforts
David Cole, Founder & CEO, FlyFreely
‘The program seems very well organised and easy to navigate through. The brief was totally understood and the report was beautifully done with all feedback incorporated. We received some unique insights for the task we had given, which meant we had a very good time with the participants and got very mature work presented by them.”
Toai Chowdhury, Marketing Manager,Infosys
The team are to be commended on this excellent final report. The team have incorporated everything we discussed following review of the interim report. The team asked insightful questions indicating to me they were taking the project seriously and were listening. They worked through to the end without further input from me and I am impressed. The market sizing work was excellent and new information for me. The company will soon launch a new website and I can confirm we will be implementing the recommendations from this report including the pricing recommendations which were well researched.
Margaret Faux, Founder & CEO, Synapse
“It helps in working in a diversified culture which is an important skill to develop and thrive in a professional environment. It helps in having different perspectives on a single problem, which is helpful in analyzing the best
solution and implement it.”
La Trobe University Student, Cohort 1
“This program really boosted my self confidence as I have been able to identify my strengths and weaknesses. I now know on which soft skill I need to concentrate more. Also, since I am offshore, this Practera project has been an amazing opportunity for me to create social contacts with students who are already in Australia.”
Kaplan Business Student, Cohort 1
‘Though our team had setbacks, we were able to gain some valuable insight into different industries that universities may or may not present or use as an example in tests,tutorials, and case studies. It also betters the individual’s communication skills and problem-solving skills as well as independence to seek out help or solutions to their problems.’
Monash University Student, Cohort 1