Practera Acceptable Use Policy
1. We respect your privacy. As the manager of the program Platform (“The Platform”) Intersective respects your right to privacy and this policy sets out how we collect and treat your personal information. “Personal information” is information we hold which is identifiable as being about you
2. What personal information we collect. We may collect a range of types of personal information from you, including, but not limited to, the following:
- demographic information – eg; age, gender, socio-economic status
- psychographic information – eg personality, interests, attitudes, behaviours and opinions
- educational history
- employment history
- student number
- user ideas and comments
- information from enquiries you have made
- communications between program participants
- text and video assessments, marks, and details
3. How we collect your personal information. We collect personal information from you in a variety of ways, including: when you interact with us electronically or in person; when you access our website; and when we provide our services to you.
4. Use of your personal information. We use your information to provide our service to you. We also use it to improve our service and to notify you of opportunities that we think you might be interested in.
We do not provide your information to third parties, except that we may provide your information to our program partners who support the provision of our services to you.
5. Disclosure of your personal information overseas. We are likely to disclose your personal information to recipients globally.
6. Security of your personal information. We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information. However we are not liable for any unauthorised access to this information.
7. Access to your personal information. You can access and update your personal information by contacting us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. Complaints about privacy. If you have any complaints about our privacy practices, please feel free to send in details of your complaints to email@example.com. We take complaints very seriously and will respond shortly after receiving written notice of your complaint.
When you visit our website
When you come on to our website we may collect certain information such as browser type, operating system, website visited immediately before coming to our site, etc. This information is used in an aggregated manner to analyse how people use our site, such that we can improve our service.
Third party sites
Our site has links to other websites not owned or controlled by us. We are not responsible for these sites or the consequences of you going on to those sites.
2. Copyright. The content, organization, graphics, design, compilation, magnetic translation, digital conversion and other matters related to the Platform are protected under applicable copyrights, trademarks and other proprietary (including but not limited to intellectual property) rights. The copying, redistribution, use or publication by you of anysuch matters or any part of the Platform, except as allowed by Section 3, is strictly prohibited. You do not acquire ownership rights to any content, document or other materials viewed through the Platform. The posting of information or materials on the Platform does not constitute a waiver of any right in such information and materials.
3. Limited Right to Use. The viewing, printing or downloading of any content, graphic, form or document from the Platform grants you only a limited, nonexclusive license for use solely by you for your own personal use and not for republication, distribution, assignment, sublicense, sale, preparation of derivative works or other use. No part of any content, form or document may be reproduced in any form or incorporated into any information retrieval system, electronic or mechanical, other than for your personal use (but not for resale or redistribution).
If you are provided with a log-in, password or any other information which gives you access to restricted areas of the Platform, you will treat such information as confidential and not disclose it to any third party.
When using the Platform, you must always comply with the provisions of our Practera Acceptable Use Policy and accept that it is subject to change from time to time.
4. Editing, Deleting and Modification. We reserve the right in our sole discretion to edit or delete any documents, information or other content appearing on the Platform.
5. Indemnification. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold us and our partners, staff and affiliates (collectively, “Affiliated Parties”) harmless from any liability, loss, claim and expense, including reasonable legal fees, related to your violation of this Agreement or use of the Platform.
6. Nontransferable. Your right to use the Platform is not transferable. Any password or right given to you to obtain information or documents is not transferable.
7. Disclaimer and Limits. All responsibility or liability for any damages caused by viruses contained within the electronic file containing the form or document is disclaimed. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND THAT MAY RESULT FROM USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE OUR PLATFORM.
11. Links to other Web Sites. The Site contains links to other Web Sites. We are not responsible for the content, accuracy or opinions express in such Web Sites, and such Web Sites are not investigated, monitored or checked for accuracy or completeness by us. Inclusion of any linked Web Site on our Site does not imply approval or endorsement of the linked Web Site by us. If you decide to leave our Site and access these third-party Sites, you do so at your own risk.
12. Use of Users Content. You agree that Intersective or other users, are free to use any of your user content, including, without limitation, your class notes, course outlines, submits, posts, uploads, displays, reviews, suggestions, ideas, solutions, questions, answers, messages, images, videos, texts of any kind, or other materials for any purposes whatsoever, including, without limitation, developing, manufacturing and marketing products and services, without any payment to you. You further agree that Intersective may give free access to all of your above-mentioned user content to other third parties, including, without limitation, affiliates, distributors, other users or potential users. You waive any moral rights you may have in any User Content you submit, even if such User Content is altered or changed in any manner.
13. Copyrights and Copryright Agents. We respect the intellectual property of others, and we ask you to do the same. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide our Copyright Agent the following information:
(a) An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
(b) A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
(c) A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Platform;
(d) Your address, telephone number, and email address;
(e) A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
(f) A statement by you, that the above information in your Notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
Practera Acceptable Use Policy
This acceptable use policy sets out the terms and conditions under which you may use and interact with our platform practera.com, and all related websites including all sites accessible from domains ending in practera.com, practera.app and any other domains which alias to Practera servers, and www.intersective.com, including the related hardware and software services, application programming interface (API), network, and equipment on which these are stored and operate (“our site”).
You may use our site only for lawful purposes.
You may not use our site:
In any way that breaches applicable local or international law.
To send, upload, download, or knowingly receive or reuse material which:
- Is Illegal;
- Advocates or promotes illegal activity;
- Invades another person’s privacy;
- Contains or promotes sexually explicit or violent content;
- Is used to impersonate another person, or misrepresents your identity or affiliations;
- Is offensive, defamatory, threatening, or likely to upset, embarrass or harass another person;
- Promotes discrimination based on sex, race, religion, sexual orientation, age, nationality or disability.
- Gives the impression they emanate from us or another person if this is not the case.
- For the purposes of transmitting any unsolicited advertising material or other form of solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly upload any data or material which contains any form of computer virus, trojan horse, spyware, or software that will adversely affect with operation of our site or related hardware and software.
You also agree that:
You will not access without authority, interfere with, disrupt or copy:
- Any part of our site;
- Any data contained on our site;
- Any software used in the provision of our site.
ACTIONS AND REMEDIES
It is with our absolute discretion that we will decide whether or not you have breached this acceptable use policy. When we determine that such a breach has been made, we will take whatever action we deem appropriate, which may include, but is not limited to, one or all of the following actions:
- Issue of a warning.
- Immediate, and temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use the site.
- Notification of your employer, university, or place of learning.
- Legal proceedings against you, your employer, or place of learning, for reparation of costs (including legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Referral, and disclosure of your information, to law enforcement authorities as we deem appropriate.
CHANGES TO THE ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY